Clear, sparkling pool water is a joy to look at. A cloudy swimming pool loses its beauty and becomes uninviting for swimmers. Cloudy swimming pool water can result from one of several factors:
- the pH is too high;
- the total alkalinity level is too high;
- the stabilizer level is too high;
- the chlorine level is too low;
- the calcium hardness level is too high;
- the level of total dissolved solids is too high;
- there are high levels of metals (discolored pool water);
- there is a lot of pool algae growth;
- the filter needs cleaning or servicing;
- there is a large quantity of microscopic particles in the pool water.
By testing and correcting the above, the cloudy pool water problem should disappear.